Friday, February 10, 2012

An *Almost* Triumph

Today is my daddy's birthday, and since we couldn't afford to get him a gift this year I wanted to at least make him a nice card. The problem is, I'm pretty new to card making. I was going for something masculine yet nice-looking, and I think I did succeed at that. I know this is very simple, but for me, it is a great triumph. Except for one part...see if you can spot it.
Yup, I got red ink on my fingers and it smudged on the front of the card! To top it off, I sealed up the card in the envelope before realizing that I'd taken a horrible photo of it--it looked fine in the preview. When I went to give it to him, I found that the acid-free glue stick I had used had not been strong enough to adhere the paper permanently, and the card began falling apart! Craft Fail, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please mind your language! Anything obscene will not be allowed, as I would like to keep this family friendly. And let's face it, not many adults want to read curse word after curse word either.